- The Web Art Movement is a project started in January last year by Eugene where 56 one-worded .sg domains were acquired and made available free of charge on webart.sg.
- Artists world-wide are able to adopt them and exercise their creativity with them for a year.
- The domains available comprise short words such as Good.sg and wet.sg, and the occasional colloquial Singaporean English or Singlish words such as Lah.sg. One would expect these domains to have been snapped up long ago but to Eugene’s surprise, they were still available for purchase, showing how young the Internet really is. (What an exciting time to be living in!)
- Eugene, also known as dude.sg, graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor in Fine Arts in 2013. Upon his graduation, he held his first solo art exhibition, “Dude’s Show: Musings and Meditations on his Reality” in Singapore, where his photography and interactive installation work were showcased. The show was sponsored by OCBC Bank, one of the major banks in Singapore.
- Eugene uses his technological expertise to manipulate various forms of digital art and is constantly aspiring towards new ways to push technology for art. His distinct conversationalist style allows him to engage his audience with humor and grace.
- Eugene Soh is represented by Chan Hampe Galleries and acknowledges their valuable advice in preparation for this project.